Electric Tankless Water Heaters: Facts The Nobody Talks About
Electric tankless water heaters are the best choice for numerous people. Conventional water heaters are replaced by the tankless water heaters because they facilitate the instant supply of water. It also helps to reduce the utility bills with effective usage. One of the benefits of tankless water heaters is that they are long lasting.
But to maintain the performance of water heaters, the caring of your water heater is necessary so that it can provide you hot water for a longer period. When cleaning the water heater, both the preventive measures as well as the yearly maintenance is important.
Hard water acts as a rival for the tankless water heater. This water contains a high concentration of minerals like Ca and Mg ions. This deposit will cover the area where water is stored and the sediments build up, instead of water that causes burning or heating. The heating element is overheated by that time and started sending the error code to lock the system. In this case, the water heater repair is needed as the heater will be completely shut down.
Follow these preventive measures to avoid wasting your precious time as well as money:
- To decrease the amount of calcium and magnesium from the heaters, even from the pipes of a washing machine, dishwashers and sinks attach the water softener system to your whole-house water sources. This will convert the hard water into the soft water which is good for a water heater.
- The professionals of water heater cost you $200 to wash-out your heater so save your money by doing it yourself (once every 6 months in a year) with the help of this article.
How to Flush Your Tankless Water Heater
- With the help of owner’s manual, first of all, identify the valves and the other water source connections and reveal the power source by removing the cover plate.
- Turn off all the inlet and outlet water sources lines. Turn off both the sources of power in your water heater system; one is the heating element and other is the control panel. So make sure that both of these sources turned off.
- With the help of your owner manual, you can identify the overflow valve and release all the water pressure out of it.
- Use a sump-pump of 1/6 horsepower in the bucket having a size of 5 gallons. The small hose connects to the output connection of the pump and another end to the input connection of your tankless electric water heater open in the 5-gallon bucket.
- Mix the one gallon of water with 2 gallons of vinegar to the sump pump bucket. Make sure to add around 2 gallons of white vinegar and maximum one gallon of water into the sump pump bucket. Make sure that the pump is submerged in the mixture completely so that the output heater hose will run back into the bucket.
- As we discussed earlier, the sediments now in this we use the vinegar by starting the pump and allow it to run all the way through for 40 minutes; that will remove the build-up minerals and free up the system to again run like a new one.